British police searched properties linked to Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor on Friday, a day after his arrest on suspicion of misconduct in public office over allegations he shared confidential government documents with Jeffrey Epstein.
Mountbatten-Windsor, 66, was arrested on Thursday and held for more than 10 hours before being released under investigation. He has not been charged.

British newspapers, featuring coverage of the arrest of Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, younger brother of Britain’s King Charles, on suspicion of misconduct in public office, sit on display in a newsagent in London, Britain
Officers searched Wood Farm on the Sandringham estate in Norfolk, where he now resides, and continued searches at his former residence on the Windsor estate. Thames Valley Police confirmed the investigation relates to allegations that he forwarded official government reports to Epstein during his time as the UK’s Special Representative for Trade and Investment.
Documents released by U.S. authorities suggested he passed along assessments concerning Vietnam, Singapore and investment opportunities in Afghanistan after Epstein’s 2008 conviction for soliciting prostitution from a minor.
Mountbatten-Windsor has consistently denied wrongdoing and previously said he regrets his association with Epstein.
King Charles III said he had learned of the arrest with “deepest concern” and stated that “the law must take its course.” He had previously stripped his brother of royal titles and removed him from official duties.
A conviction for misconduct in public office carries a maximum sentence of life imprisonment and would be tried in Crown Court. Police said the investigation is ongoing and emphasized that arrest does not imply guilt.