Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. Ahead of the All Progressives Congress, APC, presidential primary elections, President Muhammadu Buhari, yesterday, begged governors elected under the platform of the ruling party to allow him pick his successor. The President made the request in his address during a meeting with the Progressives Governors’ Forum in Abuja.
2. A fresh crisis is brewing in the All Progressives Congress (APC) as two members of the National Working Committee (NWC) have asked their colleagues to team up against the party’s national chairman, Senator Abdullahi Adamu. In a statement on Tuesday, the National Vice Chairman (North West), Salihu Mohammed Lukman, and the National Vice Chairman (South West), Isaac Kekemeke, cautioned Adamu against taking unilateral decisions in President Muhammadu Buhari’s name.
3. The Bauchi State Chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has commenced preparations for a fresh governorship Primary election. The State Publicity Secretary of the PDP, Yayanuwa Zainabari, confirmed this on Tuesday after a former Secretary to Bauchi State Government (SSG), Ibrahim Kashim who earlier clinched the party’s ticket, withdrew from the race.
4. Suspected bandits on Monday reportedly killed more than 30 members of the local vigilante, otherwise known as Yan Sakai in a gunfight near Gidan Dan Inna community in Auki district, Bungudu Local Government Area of Zamfara State. Residents said the armed men had earlier invaded Gidan Inna village and some other neighbouring communities and rustled cattle.
5. President Muhammadu Buhari, Tuesday, left Abuja for Madrid, Spain on a State Visit at the invitation of the Spanish President, Pedro Sanchez. The President, according to a statement issued by his spokesman, Femi Adesina, was accompanied by seven Ministers.
6. The Ebonyi State Police Command says it has invaded the main camp of Eastern Security Network, ESN, located at Isu community in Onicha LGA of the State and dislodged suspected criminals. The command’s Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, Chris Anyanwu, said the suspected criminals were dislodged through the joint efforts of the security operatives.
7. Ahead of the next 2023 general elections, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) will, today, present a certificate of return to the former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar, who emerged last weekend as the party’s 2023 presidential candidate. PDP in a statement by its National Publicity Secretary, Hon. Debo Ologunagba, Tuesday, invited all party stakeholders.
8. The Lagos State Zonal Command of the Economic and Financial Crime Commission, EFCC, has secured the conviction and sentencing of one Li Lei Lei, a Chinese National to two years imprisonment over mutilation of the Nigerian currency.
9. The family and friends of Lawrence Olorungbo, his wife and three children have been thrown into mourning after their decomposing bodies were found at their apartment in the Apapa area of Lagos State. It was gathered that the corpses were found after several efforts to contact Lawrence and his wife on their telephone numbers proved abortive.
10. The Prelate of the Methodist Church of Nigeria, His Eminence, Samuel Kanu-Uche, who was abducted by hoodlums in Abia State, has said N100m was paid by the church to secure his freedom. The cleric, who spoke during a press briefing in Lagos on Tuesday, said the kidnappers showed him decomposing bodies of some past victims.