Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. The Coalition of Northern Groups (CNG) and other Arewa Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) have demanded a review of the suspension of DCP Abba Kyari. This was contained in a communique signed by leaders of CNG and eight other organizations shortly after a meeting on Sunday.
2. The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has charged governor Aminu Masari of Katsina State to stop his empty lamentations over the activities of bandits in the state. PDP, in a statement on Sunday by its National Publicity Secretary, Kola Ologbondiyan, said that Governor Masari is doing a great disservice to his people.
3. A boat accident yesterday, claimed one person and injured fifteen others in Ondo State. The state commandant of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, Hameed Abodunrin who confirmed the accident, said that it would have been averted if the transporter did not overload the boat and the passengers involved had put on their life jackets.
4. The National Assembly on Sunday, disclaimed a media report that the Senate Committee on the Review of 1999 Constitution has proposed the creation of additional 20 States. A statement by the Senate Spokesperson, Sen. Dr. Ajibola Basiru, said the report is a gross misrepresentation of the decision of the committee on the request for creation of more states.
5. The Anambra State Government has threatened not to pay August Salary to any worker who stays away from work on Monday in obedience to IPOB sit-at-home directive. This was disclosed on Sunday in a public announcement by the Head of Service, Barry Harry Uduh on Sunday.
6. The Kaduna State Government has said that the Nigerian military had neutralized four bandits in a valley popularly known as ‘Maikwandaraso’ in Igabi Local Government Area. The state Commissioner, Ministry of Internal Security and Home Affairs, Samuel Aruwan stated this in a statement on Sunday.
7. The leader of the umbrella body of Yoruba Self-Determination Groups, Ilana Omo Oodua, Prof. Banji Akintoye, has reacted to media reports that he has left Nigeria to escape the alleged plot by the Nigerian Government to arrest him. Akintoye in a media report, said that he is in the Republic of Benin, but “not on the run.”
8. BBNaija Season 6 housemates Yerins, Niyi and Beatrice have been evicted from the ongoing reality TV show. Yerins was the first contestant to be evicted from the reality TV show during a show on Sunday. His eviction was followed by that of Niyi and Beatrice.
9. There was confusion and conflicting reports from the southeast on Sunday over the sit-at-home order by the IPOB. While Nnamdi Kanu’s brother, Kanunta Kanu said the order had been suspended, IPOB Spokesman, Emma Powerful said there was no going back on the order.
10. The Imo State Police Command on Sunday arrested 29 suspected members of the Eastern Security Network (ESN) allegedly planning to attack the State ahead of the Sit-at-home order on Monday. Parading the suspects at the Command’s headquarters in Owerri, Commissioner of Police, Abutu Yaro, said they were able to gather information on their activities before they were arrested.