Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. All Progressives Congress, APC, House of Assembly aspirant eyeing the ticket of Qua’an Pan South State Constituency of Plateau, Hon. Na’anyil Magdalene Dakogol, has been kidnapped. The spokesperson of the Plateau Police Command, Ubah Gabriel, confirmed the development, saying the commissioner of police had sent a tactical team to rescue the victim.
2. Governor Charles Soludo of Anambra State has said majority of the “unknown gunmen” behind the high rate of violence in the State are Igbo. Speaking while declaring curfew in seven Local Government Areas of the State, Soludo condemned the activities of the troublemakers.
3. Three delegates for the gubernatorial primaries of the People Democratic Party, PDP, from Mariga Local Government Area of Niger State have been killed by bandits. The Chairman of the Electoral Committee and Deputy Governor of Bayelsa State, Lawrence Ewhrudjakpo announced this at the State PDP Secretariat, venue of the primaries in Minna.
4. Newly appointed Head Coach of the Super Eagles, Jose Santos Peseiro officially resumed yesterday when he arrived at the camp of the three-time Africa champions in Dallas, USA, where they are billed to play international friendlies with Mexico and Ecuador.
5. Mass resignation has hit the Anambra State chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), following the recent resignation of the former governor, Mr. Peter Obi from the party. Mr Valentine Ozigbo, PDP’s governorship candidate in the November 2021 governorship election in Anambra, who is running for the Senate, has also withdrawn from the race.
6. Former Governor of Lagos State and one of the leading aspirants on the platform of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, has stated that to lead the country as President, he does not need the strength of a wrestler or a Christiano Ronaldo. According to him, all that is required for him if elected as president are ideas.
7. Ahead of the presidential primaries of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, the All Progressives Congress, APC, indications have emerged that national leader of the APC, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, former governor of Anambra State, Peter Obi, and national leader of the New Nigeria Peoples Party, Rabiu Kwankwaso, may spearhead regional parties.
8. Governor Nyesom Wike of River State has said former presidential aspirant on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Peter Obi does not stand a chance of winning the party’s presidential primary if he had remained in the PDP. Wike, who harped on integrity and character, asked how Obi would have won the presidential primary.
9. Ebonyi State Police Command, yesterday arrested two sons of the foremost founding father of Ebonyi State, Late Senator Office Nwali over their alleged refusal to step down for another aspirant in the just concluded All Progressives Congress, APC, primaries in the State.
10. An Abia High Court, on Thursday, ruled against the victory of the All Progressives Congress aspirant, Chief Ikechi Emenike, the acclaimed winner of the governorship primary election. Emenike had been declared the winner of Thursday’s controversial primary election in Abia State, but Justice O. A. Chijioke nullified the result.